Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 6 c. vine ripened tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into large chunks
- ½ of green bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- ½ of red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- ½ of large red onion, cut into large pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped finely
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c. good olive oil
- 2 c. V-8 Vegetable Juice
- Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh lime wedges
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Prep all veggies. Try to have them all uniform sizes if possible.
- In food processor or blender, add the bell peppers garlic, and onions and pulse to start the chopping step. Just a few pulses.
- Then add the cucumber, tomatoes and jalapenos. Pulse until you get the consistency you like. Some people like a lot of pulp others like it smooth.
- Pour into a bowl. Add the vinegar, olive oil, V-8 juice and taste for seasoning.
- Refrigerate. It gets better if it sits for 24 hours.
- To serve, ladle in bowl, and put a dollop of yogurt or sour cream and garnish with lime wedge.
*****Sometimes when I have leftovers, I use it in place of pico de gallo, if I do not have any. It is also a great marinade for chicken and seafood.